LOS ANGELES, California - (PRESS RELEASE) - You won a free tournament on PokerStars.net, defeating thousands of challengers. You submitted your entry video to PokerStars.net, hoping to edge out the hundreds of other tournament winners to earn your spot on national television and a shot at $1,000,000. Your reward? A chance to take on a team made-up of celebrities and the best poker pros in the world who are all determined to stop your quest. Beat them and your challenge is just beginning -- you then have to defeat poker superstar Daniel "Kid Poker" Negreanu not once, but twice. Do that and take home a million dollars.
Welcome to the PokerStars.net Million Dollar Challenge, the hottest poker game show on television. Debuting on Sunday, October 11th directly after NFL on FOX coverage,* the series gives online qualifiers a chance at a seven-figure payday.
Players who win specially designated online tournaments at PokerStars.net will submit a 60-second video for the chance to be a contestant on the PokerStars.net Million Dollar Challenge. Each person selected will receive roundtrip airfare and accommodations to the show's taping in Los Angeles for themselves and two friends.
Players will face a four-level gauntlet of heads up matches, win and advance. Lose and go home:
· Round 1: Take on a celebrity defender such as reigning Playboy Playmate of the Year Jayde Nicole, Super Bowl Champion, six-time Pro Bowl selection Jerome "The Bus" Bettis or MMA champion Tito Ortiz.
· Round 2: Face a top Team PokerStars.Net Pro 2003 World Series of Poker Main Event Champion Chris Moneymaker, three-time WSOP bracelet winner Barry Greenstein, rising poker star and newest Go Daddy girl, Vanessa "Lady Maverick" Rousso
· Round 3 and Round 4: Winning the million dollars won't be easy – back-to-back heads up matches against four-time WSOP bracelet winner Negreanu.
Getting past the first two defenders is a tough task, but the challenger will have help. For each of the first two rounds, Negreanu will serve as a coach, discussing hands and offering advice, first sitting at the table beside the challenger in the celebrity heads up match, then moving into a specially-designed isolation booth when the challenger takes on the Team PokerStars.net Pro. For every level Negreanu helps the challenger win, PokerStars.net will donate $10,000 to a charity of Negreanu's choice.
The prizes for each victory
· Round 1: A trip to the Bahamas for the PokerStars.net Caribbean Adventure
· Round 2: $25,000. Take the money and walk or risk it against Negreanu for a chance to win $100,000.
· Round 3: $100,000. The money is yours and you earn a seat at the final show's Table of Champions, where one player will have a chance to play Daniel heads up for $1,000,000.
· Round 4: A life-changing $1,000,000.
If the celebrity defender beats the challenger, they earn $5,000 for their favorite charity. If the Team PokerStars.net Pro beats the challenger, they will earn $10,000 for their favorite charity.
"I'm thrilled to be part of this show. I love the concept and I know that it will be packed with great poker and all the bells and whistles, hip graphics and drama that FOX is known for," said Negreanu.
The five-episode series airs Sundays after NFL on FOX* on October 11 th and 18th, continuing on November 22nd and December 13th and concluding with the heads up finale against Negreanu for $1,000,000 on December 27th.
Plus, the PokerStars.net Million Dollar Challenge wouldn't be complete without something for poker fans at home. Viewers will have a chance to enter a freeroll tournament on PokerStars.net as part of the PokerStars.net $100,000 giveaway. Twice during each show, PokerStars.net will announce a special contest that will give viewers a chance to win easy money.**
Veteran FOX Sports announcer Chris Rose hosts the PokerStars.net Million Dollar Challenge. The former host of FSN's Best Damn Sports Show Period, who also handles NFL on FOX and MLB on FOX coverage, Rose has an extensive poker background, having served as host for three seasons of FSN's Poker Superstars Invitational as well as the network's Poker at the Plaza tournament.
Don't miss all the action and your chance at the PokerStars.net viewer giveaway. Tune in on October 11th after the NFL on FOX to become a part of the PokerStars.net Million Dollar Challenge and see who not only walks away with a million dollars, but beats one of the greatest poker players in the world.
Global Gaming Directory Profiles
Online Casino News
Global Gaming News